Excerpt from The Herald of Light, Vol. 4: A Monthly Journal of the Lord's New Church; November, 1859 But at the head and at the feet stand the invisible Angels who attend to guard, against infernal sacrilege, the sacred and beloved remains. Alas! As a fact in the Spiritual World the Church of England is no more and all that now is left to its mourners are the funeral rites. Let the dead bury their dead. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art technology to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
FOR NEARLY 150 years, the Review and Herald has been the official church paper of the Seventh-day Adventist people. A paper, The Present Truth, was first printed in August 1849. In 1851 the name was changed to Second Advent Review and Sabbath Herald. Over the decades the church paper has carried a number of names, and as of 2012 it is simply Adventist Review. Our “church paper”actually preceded, by fourteen years, the official organization of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in 1863. From its inception, throughout her life, the messenger of the Lord, Ellen G. White, used the Review and Herald as one of the main avenues of communicating God’s counsels to His remnant people. During that sixty-six year span nearly 2,000 messages by God of direction, reproof, and inspiration were published in the Review and Herald. This present edition has all of her articles, published through 1915, unabridged in four volumes.